About Alpine Elephant Accommodation
As an independent owner run chalet, we provide you with a first rate personal service, and the benefit of our knowledge and experience of this beautiful area. All arrivals will have a 'meet & greet service', our welcome pack and a range of information on itineraries, route maps etc to you help you get the most from your stay.
Chalet Henriette is set in the quiet village of Salvagny, just 5 miles from the beautiful town (and ski resort) of Samoens. The chalet is 400m from the nearest pistes of Sixt Fer a Cheval and enjoys spectacular views of limestone cliffs, forests, meadows and wateralls. Our location combines a 'getting away from it all' feel with easy access to skiing and walking and amenities such as restaurants and shopping in nearby Sixt and Samoens.
- Traditional chalet, 200 years old, with modern facilities.
- Rural setting in traditional village. Superb mountain views with immediate access to the pistes, walking and biking trails. With easy ride into town for restaurants and shopping etc.
- 5 bedrooms, sleeping 12-14, all ensuite with shower, toilet, washbasin.
- Dining area with extensive mountain views. Large lounge with log burning fire, TV & DVD & stereo.
- Broadband internet with WIFI access.
- Separate "snug" for games and reading etc.
- Easily accessible ski store, with large drying room & boot racks; enclosed (south facing) garden.
- 2 balconies with extensive views.
For further information, click on the following link (will open in separate window): Activities
barbecue, cot/highchair, garden, laundry facilities, open fireplace, private parking (open), satellite/cable TV, wifi (free in-room), wifi (free public area)
Optional extras available:
Delivered Shopping Baskets from a choice of three, delivered to your chalet prior to your arrival.
A delivered French Breakfast for every morning of your stay. The service is 35€ per person per week. Includes Fresh Croissant, Pain au Chocolat & Baguette (Baguette only on a Monday, boulangerie is closed), Butter, Jam, Sugar, Tea, Coffee, Milk, Orange Juice and Fresh Fruit. (Sorry only available for a complete week)
An Evening Meal - 3 course including reasonable wine, beer and soft drinks. 28€ per person. (48hrs notice required)
Please contact us for details.
- 'Meet & greet' service. e.g. Familiarisation with the chalet, advice on local conditions, booking lessons, gear hire, lift passes etc.
- 'Walk-pack' for summer holidays, with suggested itineraries & route maps.
- Outside catering options and airport transfers (i.e. providing you with contact details for recommended local businesses).
Resort & location information:
Resort name: Samoens - Salvagny
Ski area: Grand Massif
Amenities: bars and restaurants, beauticians, bus station, canoeing, cash withdrawal facility, childcare, cinema, climbing wall, cross country skiing, cycling, doctor, fishing, freelance catering, hairdressers, high altitude restaurants, hiking, horse riding, huski dogs, ice rink, lake, mini golf, mountain biking, mountaineering, paragliding, rafting, skiing/snowboarding, sledging pistes, snowshoe walking, supermarket, swimming pool (outdoor), tennis, tourist office, via ferrata