Suitably sized and priced for families, this comfortable and warm chalet in Saint-Jean-d'Aulps stands ready to make you welcome for your ski-holiday or summer vacation.
Warm dark woods have been used to decorate and refurbish this chalet in Saint-Jean-d'Aulps. Tastefully re-using as much of the original timbers as possible, the owner has created an inviting open-plan area and four comfortable bedrooms from the space. Care has been paid to favour traditional decor and many of the features and furniture has been procured locally and painstakingly restored. Outside there is a balcony, decked sun terrace and garden with BBQ. all enjoying beautiful views across the valley. Situated in the friendly village of Saint-Jean-d'Aulps on the side leading to Morzine, it's well located for access to piste.
There are two car parks immediately outside, and the road is snow-cleared several times a day in Winter. Within comfortable walking distance is the town itself with it's two restaurant and bars, as well as two patisseries and a small groceries shop.
Warm Comfortable rooms.
For accommodation, there are four bedrooms accessible from the landing. The master bedroom is en suite and spacious, with room for overflow using the couch-bed if necessary. The double and twin bedroom are spacious all these rooms enjoy the panoramic valley view. There is a smaller bunk room with two single bunks.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Sleeping groups of 8-10 People
- Beautiful open-plan living space warmed by a log-fire
- Fully equipped, traditionally big farm-house kitchen
- A lovely view across the Valleé d'Aulps
- Heating with individual room thermostats, but with Log Fire for traditional warmth in the lounge room
- Quick access to the Ardent or Grande Terche lifts
- Flat-Screen TV
- DVD Player
- Linen, Towels, Cleaning and Firewood provided
- Laundry Facilities available
- Two free off-road car park spaces
- Car Recommended
Current Promotions for Chalet Barnard:
- Chalet Barnard is sold as self-catered.
- The kitchen is well fitted and fully equipped, dishwasher and washing machine. There is a large (10-12 aisle) supermarket within a 4-5 minute drive from the Chalet for all your supplies, and two good patisseries and a mini-supermarket in walking distance.
- The village of Saint-Jean-d'Aulps is just a few minutes walk and features two popular restaurants and an excellent English-speaking bar.
- Close by is the lovely Savoyard village of Morzine, which boasts an excellent range of 40-50 restaurants and bars. Also a large range of quality shops.
- Alternatively, a chef-to-chalet service could be easily organised to cater this lovely chalet.
- For a fixed per-person fee, a local qualified chef can make your holiday even more comfortable.
Resort & location information:
Resort name: Morzine - St Jean d'Aulps
Ski area: Portes du Soleil
Amenities: adventure park, bars and restaurants, beauticians, bob luge, bowling, bus station, bus stop, canoeing, canyoning, cash withdrawal facility, childcare, cinema, climbing wall, cross country skiing, cycling, devil carts, doctor, fantasicable, fishing, golf, hairdressers, high altitude restaurants, hiking, horse driven sleigh rides, horse riding, ice diving, ice driving, ice rink, lake, mini golf, mountain biking, mountaineering, night skiing, night sledging, nightclub, paragliding, rafting, skiing/snowboarding, sledging pistes, snowshoe walking, spa, supermarket, swimming pool (outdoor), tennis, tourist office