Chalet Hotel la Terrasse de Verchaix**
* 1 hour Geneva airport
* Luxury Hot Tub with stunning panoramic views
* Sleeps 18 in 7 rooms all with bath/shower rooms, beautifully refurbished
* In resort mini-bus service
* Breakfast – fresh bread delivered daily, warm croissants and pastries, juices,cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit and cooked breakfast
* Home-made afternoon cakes with hot chocolate, tea or coffee in our cosy lounge
* 3-Course evening meal, tasty starters, delicious mains and gorgeous puds! Followed by coffee
* Optional Savoyard specialty night midweek
* 10 minutes to the lift station at Morillon on free ski bus, 5 mins if driving
* SKY TV with sports and ESPN
* Free WiFi access in all rooms and public areas
* Free internet
* Fully licensed bar
* Free parking
* Professional chef
* A team of hosts providing a friendly, professional service for your stay
Short break specialists for the Grand Massif, we can be as flexible as you wish with arrival and departures and length of stay.
265 km of marked runs
4th largest ski area in France
5 linked resorts, highest altitude 2500m
Excellent snow record, and in the top three snow sure resorts in France
- Luxury hot tub!
- All individual guest rooms have en-suite facilities, 4 of these are south facing, enjoying the most magnificent panoramic views of the Giffre Valley and Grand Massif ski area.
- Our two, three and four bedded rooms mean Chalet Hotel La Terrasse de
Verchaix is the ideal venue for an activity orientated, all year round family holiday.
- TV, telephone and hairdryer in all rooms
- Our welcoming bar is a gathering place for holidaymakers and locals alike The bar is equipped with satellite television and sky sports channels and ESPN, and offers a selection of beers, local and regional wines and speciality Alpine liqueurs,
- Free internet access, and WiFi in all rooms
- Ski Room
- Games room with pool table,
bar, barbecue, computer, cot/highchair, games room, garden, hot tub (outdoor), jacuzzi, laundry facilities, satellite/cable TV, wifi (free in-room), wifi (free public area)
- Chalet board includes hearty cooked breakfast.
- Delicious 3 course evening meal with coffee (on all 7 nights) in our spacious dining room/lounge with panoramic valley views.
- Freshly made afternoon tea cake and hot drinks.
- The jewels in our Alpine crown are undoubtedly the chalet restaurant and terrace which offer quite simply the best views of the valley in the whole of the valley!
- Louise is a trained chef, favouring international cuisine alongside some of the region's speciality dishes.
- During your stay with us, you have to try the house speciality, ‘Potence Flambé au Whisky' ... it isn't available anywhere else in the vicinity!
- We are pleased to present a fine selection of Savoie wine and cheeses, in our restaurant; we also offer mouth-watering regional specialities, such as Tartiflette, and Berthoud. Our terrace is open to diners during the summer months, weather and temperatures permitting of course!
- Prices quoted are in Euros
- Daily cleaning service
- Excellent hospitality, food and wine
- Panoramic views
- WiFi Hotspot
- Sky TV - sports
- Fully Licensed bar
- Free Internet access
- Games room with pool table
- Children's high tea available
- We are able to cater for special dietary requirements
- We can assist with booking transfers, ski school, lift passes and ski equipment
- Fantastic wedding venue, and private parties can be catered for.
Resort & location information:
Resort name: Samoens - Verchaix
Ski area: Grand Massif
Amenities: accrobranche, amusement park, bars and restaurants, beauticians, bus station, bus stop, canoeing, canyoning, cash withdrawal facility, childcare, cinema, climbing wall, cross country skiing, cycling, doctor, dog sled rides, fishing, free shuttle bus, freelance catering, glacier skiing, golf, hairdressers, heliskiing, high altitude restaurants, hiking, horse driven sleigh rides, horse riding, huski dogs, ice rink, lake, massage, mini golf, mountain biking, mountaineering, off piste guiding, paragliding, parapenting, rafting, ski school, skidoo safaris, skiing, skiing/snowboarding, sledging pistes, snow kiting, snowboard school, snowshoe walking, supermarket, swimming pool (outdoor), tennis, toboganning, torch lit descents, tourist office, via ferrata
The location is convenient for ski-ing with easy access to the ski-bus and a short trip to the lifts into the Grand Massif area The hotel has lovely views from its dining room, terracce, and south facing rooms. It is in a quiet hamlet, so not for those looking for night life.
Rooms are fairly small but comfortable, and well equipped. The ski room is excellent, warm and spacious for equipment & boots - no scrambling through a heap of skis as in many hotel ski rooms.
Hot tub is great to relax in after a days skiing - with robes provided - a nice touch.
I would certainly stay there again, nothing was too much trouble for the owners and their staff.
Val - 2nd March 2011" La Terrasse 08 May 11
Sue - March 2011" La Terrasse 08 May 11