- Chalet for sole occupancy
- Bed & Breakfast, Self Catered or Catered basis
- 5 bedrooms, sleeps 10
- Sunday to Sunday stays
- 5 minutes to lift by foot
- Available for summer and winter
- sauna/steam room
- credit cards accepted
- Unique chalet
Chalet les Ecureuils
- Chalet Les Ecureuils, built in 1964 and renovated in 2006/7, is a beautiful family chalet and probably one of Zermatt's best kept secrets!
- Unlike with many of the chalets in Zermatt the owners have avoided the minimal white look so that the chalet has kept its' rustic charm.
- It is situated in a beautiful elevated position, with uninterrupted views of the Matterhorn, in preserved tranquil surroundings where the natural wildlife roam freely.
- The Chalet is just 5 minutes walk to the main Klein Matterhorn departure station and to the centre of the village.
- Access to the chalet is by its own telecabin but it is also accessible by a well-maintained footpath through a wooded area.
- The Chalet comprises 5 double bedrooms, 3 en-suite and 1 extra bathroom and a separate WC. All of the bathrooms have been renovated this summer (2012). There 6th bedroom with bunks for extra guests.
- The spacious lounge has a large wood-burning fireplace, comprising ample comfortable seating for 12 people, overlooking the terrace and garden with its' breathtaking views of the Matterhorn. It is equipped with plasma TV, DVD, CD/Radio and has wireless Internet connection.
- Separated from the lounge by glass doors, the dining area has a long table that seats 12 and has a feature window overlooking the surrounding mountains and village of Zermatt. The modern kitchen adjoins the dining area.
- There is also a tropicarium sauna downstairs in the chalet which is, perfect therapy after a days skiing, with it's adjoining relaxation area. Massage and reflexology can be arranged in the Chalet on request.
For further information, click on the following link (will open in separate window): More detail
Facilities:bar, barbecue, cot/highchair, garden, iPod docking station, laundry facilities, open fireplace, satellite/cable TV, sauna, wifi (free in-room), wifi (free public area)
- Chalet Les Ecureuils is catered by our professional chef with many years experience in the hospitality industry. She draws on her experience of worldwide travel and international gatronomy to bring you an unforgettable dining experience. She is happy to cater the menu to your individual needs.
- Continental and/or full English breakfast is available and prepared for you by the chef every morning. Afternoon tea with homemade cakes is provided daily for when you return to the Chalet. A 5-course dinner is cooked and served for you 5 evenings a week. This allows you the opportunity to sample some of the amazing restaurants that Zermatt has to offer. Pre-dinner drinks and canapés are served on these days with a choice of wines from our extensive wine cellar served during the meal. Coffee and after dinner drinks will also be served.
- All beverages including wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks are all unlimited throughout your stay.
- After being collected by Electro Taxi a champagne reception awaits you on arrival in the Chalet and during your stay an extensive choice of wines and a well stocked bar are available for your enjoyment.
- There is daily housekeeping and a mid week linen change.
- The team will be on hand to ensure that everything is to your satisfaction and deal with any requests that you may have.
- Taxi transfer from airport to Zermatt can be arranged on request
- We are happy to organise your Ski passes prior to your arrival in Zermatt.
- We work with several ski school in Zermatt and we are very happy to help you to organise ski/snowboard instruction that best suits your needs.
- For the more advanced mountineers we can arrange mountain / ski guides for special ski trips
- If you do not require instruction but would like someone with local knowledge to show you around the mountain we offer a ski guiding service.
- See Zermatt from a different angle and let us organise a tandem paragliding trip for you.
- Whether you need to be picked up from the airport or you wish to go heli-skiing we can arrange helicopter flights for you.
- We work very closely with the Zermatt Massage Centre who can provide a highly qualified therapist to give massage and reflexology at the chalet on request.
- A childminding service is available on request.
- We are happy to help with any reservations whether it be in restaurants or at the hairdresser.
- We are here to make sure that your holiday is as relaxing and stress-free as possible. If there is anything that you need, just ask and we will do everything we can to help.
Resort & location information:
click +/- to maximise/minimise