REQUEST: preferably Paradiski but open to suggestions - for 0-4 people, from 7/1/2017 to 25/2/2017
iansampson
Posted 24/2/2016 19:13 (#586687)
Request: REQUEST: preferably Paradiski but open to suggestions - for 0-4 people, from 7/1/2017 to 25/2/2017
Quote Reply

New User

I realise that this may be a somewhat strange request bearing in mind that the current ski season is still underway, but my wife and I are in a position where we are able to take a few months off next year and have for some time thought about renting accommodation in "resort" as we travel to The Alps at least twice every season anyway.

We would probably (at least our thoughts at the moment) would need 2 months - possibly January and February 2017, but may consider longer depending on the pro-rata costs involved. Possibly even the entire season.

The accommodation preferably needs to have 2 bedrooms as we would like to have a separate bedroom for us and one for any guests that might want to come and stay for the odd week or two.

We would like easy access to large ski areas but be based somewhere quieter than mid-resort; somewhere like Peisey Vallandry, Montalbert, Champagny etc. etc. but are open to suggestions.

We have suggested the Paradiski area, but would obviously be open to any approaches if you think we might be interested.

Many thanks,
Ian
At a glance:
  • Looking for a property
  • Preferably in Paradiski but open to suggestions
  • From 7/1/2017 to 25/2/2017
  • 0-4 people
Share this request on Facebook Top of the page Bottom of the page

Do you own a property which would be suitable?
Click here to find out how to advertise with Chalets Direct
Chalet Balaena
Posted 25/2/2016 12:51 (#586792 - in reply to #586687)
Solution: Re: REQUEST: preferably Paradiski but open to suggestions - for 0-4 people, from 7/1/2017 to 25/2/2017

Chalets Direct Member

Hello Ian

The 2-bedroom apartment in my chalet would suit you size-wise and although I am biased of course, I think that Le Chinaillon (the higher part of Le Grand Bornand in the Aravis, close to La Clusaz) could well suit you too. It is somewhere that many British don't know enough about! The chalet is in a very quiet location but just a 5-minute walk to shops/restaurants and a few minutes' drive or 15 minutes' walk to our downhill slopes. I had an author of a ski book living there for several winter seasons and he never got bored of the skiing here, however La Clusaz is in easy reach and Chamonix is an hour away.

Normally I let for the whole winter season but I can offer a somewhat lower rate if you wish to arrive only after the Christmas/NY break.

In any case, please do have a look at my website www.chaletbalaeana.com or indeed my advert on here (click the i below), and get in touch with me by email if you'd like to discuss it some more.

Regards,
Wink
-----
Chalet Balaena
Chalets Direct Member

View accommodation details
Profile E-mail Top of the page Bottom of the page
iansampson
Posted 25/2/2016 12:55 (#586793 - in reply to #586687)
Solution: Re: REQUEST: preferably Paradiski but open to suggestions - for 0-4 people, from 7/1/2017 to 25/2/2017

New User

Hello WInk,

Thank you for your response.

Funnily enough I had picked your property out, as I noticed you had replied to a number of requests by other members.

You say you normally rent for the entire season, how much have you charged previously so that I might get a handle of the costs involved.

An estimate at this stage would be more than sufficient.

With regards,
Ian
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chalet Balaena
Posted 25/2/2016 13:31 (#586797 - in reply to #586687)

Chalets Direct Member

Hi Ian

Cost for entire season winter 16/17 is €9,450 inclusive of all utilities.

Best to contact me privately for more details. Sorry, website typo in the previous post - it's www.chaletbalaena.com and my direct email is wink[at]winklorch[dot]com

Thanks,
Wink

Edited by Chalet Balaena 25/2/2016 13:40

-----
Chalet Balaena
Chalets Direct Member

Apartment 9 Les Ecureuils
Posted 5/3/2016 12:29 (#588263 - in reply to #586687)
Solution: Potential solution proposed by Apartment 9 Les Ecureuils

Chalets Direct Member

Hi Ian,

Not sure if you're already sorted?

If not take a look at our 3 bedroom apartment in La Chapelle d'Abondance in the Portes du Soleil.

Kind regards,
Louise.
-----
Apartment 9 Les Ecureuils
Chalets Direct Member

iansampson
Posted 9/3/2016 18:11 (#589039 - in reply to #588263)
Solution: Potential solution proposed by iansampson

New User

Hi Louise,

Thanks for your reply.

We are going away for a couple of weeks, so I'll put the property list on our list to have a look at when we get back.

Many thanks for taking the time to drop us a line.

Ian
Top of the page Bottom of the page