REQUEST: Job, preferably Austria or Switzerland but open to suggestions
Lorena Chiappetta
Posted 18/4/2019 02:41 (#763395)
Request: REQUEST: Job, preferably Austria or Switzerland but open to suggestions
Quote Reply Alert

Chalet Couple Vacancy

I thought I’d get in touch as my partner Justin and I are looking for a chalet couple vacancy for the coming winter season (2019/20), ideally in Switzerland or Austria.
We both have extensive experience in hospitality and catering. I have mainly worked front of house roles, though I am trained to work in a professional kitchen and have a passion for pastry/baking and good knowledge of housekeeping. For Justin, it’s the other way around: he is a professional chef and has got previous experience as a cleaner, though he now works as a receptionist.
We both hold a valid driving licence (one UK, on French) and are First Aid, Health & Safety and Food Hygiene trained and our combined experience enables us to have a good understanding of the hotel as a whole, and complete tasks in any department, front of house (reception, restaurant, bar etc) and back of house (kitchen, cleaning, housekeeping, maintenance etc) alike.
Therefore, I feel we would be a good fit for the Chalet couple role. We are used to irregular shift patterns and long hours, so hard work won’t scare us away! We are also very flexible on start/end dates of the contract, as we will plan around these. Our only downfall I think would be that none of us can ski, as we have never had a chance to try. However, we love mountains and hiking (I grew up near the Pyrénées) and we’re happy to give it a go, but if anything, it means that at least we won’t be rushing to the slopes every day, but rather take the time to ensure everything is done up to standard and ready for our guests.

Kind regards,
Lorena & Justin
At a glance:
  • You are looking for a job
  • Preferably in Austria or Switzerland but open to suggestions
Share this request on Facebook Top of the page Bottom of the page
Snow place like home
Posted 20/4/2019 14:16 (#763471 - in reply to #763395)
Solution: Re: REQUEST: Job, preferably Austria or Switzerland but open to suggestions
Quote Reply Alert

Chalets Direct Member

Hi,

We are looking for a lovely couple to run our chalet in the Paradiski next season and you sound perfect. It is in the lovely farming resort of Montchavin which is a traditional village but is a fantastic ski area. It is perfect for beginners and with over 425 kms of piste, there is no risk of you getting bored during the season.

We are looking for a couple who can work as a team and not frightened of long hours but we also put as much in hand as we can so you can play hard too. We can sort out ski lessons for you when you arrive. You sound ideal.

Our package is great with your own apartment, maximum of 35 hours per week and a competitve wage with ski pass, insurance, ski hire etc.

Our chalet is family run and we have lots of repeat guests who over the years become friends and we put everything in place so everyone - including our staff - have a great season.

I look forward to hearing from you and we are very happy to have a chat - we have had a few staff who have never skied before and believe me - they loved learning.

Speak soon !
Thanks Lee
-----
Snow place like home
Chalets Direct Member

View accommodation details
Profile E-mail Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lorena Chiappetta
Posted 20/4/2019 22:54 (#763477 - in reply to #763471)
Solution: Potential solution proposed by
Quote Reply Alert

Dear Lee,

Thank you so much for getting back to me !

Your offer sounds like the kind of job we are looking for. Would we be looking after the chalet on our own, or with any other employees ?
Could we have a little more information on the salary/package (gross salary, approximate salary after deductions, what is included in the package, what size appartment and is if furnished/equipped etc ? )
Also, do you have a more precise job description ?
We would be more than happy to have an "in person" chat on skype, facetime, or a phonecall, if we can arrange a suitable time, so we could discuss all of the above !

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Kind regards,
Lorena
Profile Top of the page Bottom of the page
Snow place like home
Posted 21/4/2019 11:27 (#763504 - in reply to #763477)
Solution: Re: REQUEST: Job, preferably Austria or Switzerland but open to suggestions
Quote Reply Alert

Chalets Direct Member

Hi Lorena,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I think the easiest thing is to talk all through these things but I can outline the following points for you.

You would be working on your own but with help brought in when needed. It is a full on job as I am sure you have heard but it sounds like you are more than experienced enough to manage it. We like to think of ourselves as a team - working alongside our staff when needed and doing the extra things like driving guests to the slopes.

This year the salary was minimum wage for both with the chef earning a bit more (Both just abov 10 euros an hour). The staff were paid approx 350 Euros a week each for an approx 35 hour week and then deductions. Next year I believe it is on a French Contract not a Seconded Contract so I cannot confirm exact rates.

The package is travel to and from the Alps to your closest airport ( as long as it is not Sydney !), Full area ski pass worth over 1,000 Euros, Ski Rescue Insurance, Insurance at work, Ski hire for the whole season, food at work and board in your own apartment. I cannot confirm the apartment as these are allocated only in October but it will be fully furnished and equipped.

I can email you the full daily routines which are very self explanatory. Have you thought of going on one of the Chalet Catering courses as they are brilliant at explaining the whole routine thing ?

Please send me your email address thanks Lee

-----
Snow place like home
Chalets Direct Member

Lorena Chiappetta
Posted 22/4/2019 08:11 (#763539 - in reply to #763504)
Solution: Potential solution proposed by
Quote Reply Alert

Dear Lee,
Thanks for your reply ! Here's my email adress : lorena.chiap@gmail.com .
Would it be possible to arrange a time/date for a phone call or skype/facetime chat to discuss these things in person ? Justin and I will be free the coming thursday and friday, at any time.
Kind regards,
Lorena
Profile Top of the page Bottom of the page
Snow place like home
Posted 23/4/2019 11:45 (#763640 - in reply to #763539)
Quote Reply Alert

Chalets Direct Member

Hi Lorena, I sent you an email. Can you confirm you received it ? Thanks Lee
-----
Snow place like home
Chalets Direct Member