- Bed & Breakfast, Self Catered or Catered basis
- 8 bedrooms, sleeps 21
- Usually Sunday to Sunday stays, but flexible
- 5 minutes to lift by foot
- Available for summer and winter
- hot tub/jacuzzi
- pets welcome
- credit cards accepted
- Restaurant, jacuzzi
Hotel le Renard
- Chalet Hotel Le Renard is a well established small chalet hotel with 26 years of successfully operating as a winter and summer adventure holiday base.
- Nestling in Chatel on the French Swiss border, Le Renard is situated as one of the nearest to the ski lifts 200 metres ski to the door allowing for snow conditions
Chatel is one of the ski resorts that boast`s the most snow canons
- With only a 8 minutes walk to the telecabine at Linga. This lift will whisk you into one of the largest ski able domains in the world, the Famous “Les Portes du Soleil.
- Even though we are situated 15 minutes walk out of the village there is a bus stop directly opposite the Hotel which runs around the village area during the day passing every 15 minutes, that will take you to either the Super Chatel area, Linga Telecabine or to the Pre la Joux sector which all link to the whole Portes du Soleil.
- The brand new 2 lift system that links Super Chatel and Linga is easily accessible also from us, with 3 new pistes as well.
- Le Renard has 5 en-suite rooms all with balconies and stunning views of either the Abondance valley or the nature reserve of the Mont de Grange. All with large balconies where you can soak up the sun after skiing
- The hotel has a large comfortable residents' lounge with TV, D.V.D., and games, an intimate bar area, and a spacious restaurant with a log fire.
- As a small hotel we welcome families with children and can cater to all needs for menus and entertainment. There are also Wii and Playstation 2 facilities in the lounge room (for young and old kids too!). A comprehensive D.V.D library, Satellite televisions
One of the major features that previous clients with children have enjoyed is that the parents can happily leave their children watching television downstairs or asleep in their rooms whilst they relax in the bar or at their table next to the log fire.
- We also have an all year round riverside outdoor Jacuzzi spa on a beautiful sun terrace , a cozy hotel bar with two outside heated terrace
- Toiletries and hairdryers, tea and coffee making facilities and also room safes are also in your rooms.
- All different dietary requirements catered for.
- Free WIFI
- Loads of free parking.
Facilities:bar, cot/highchair, games console, garden, hot tub (outdoor), iPod docking station, jacuzzi, open fireplace, pets allowed, private parking (open), satellite/cable TV, wifi (free in-room), wifi (free public area)
- Make your holiday one of the best benefiting from both a chalet style hotel incorporating high class restaurant food. As a hotel guest you always come first and unlike other chalets we offer you menus with choices and if you wish to try something else that is not on your evening menu, it is not a problem, our Chef (also the boss , Rob) has worked and been trained in France, Switzerland and England . His wife, Mathilde and the front of house staff at Le Renard have been dedicated to the highest levels of quality and unobtrusive service with a wealth of local knowledge that can also assist you with your stay.
- A selection of fine wines and beer are included with your evening dinner and espresso / cappuccino coffee etc
- To view a selection of our menus please look on our new updated web site.
- For some other previous client reviews, we are on Tripadviser and rated excellent.
- We can offer different accomodation formulas from half board to B&B.
- Transfers to and from Geneva, which is 90 minutes away, can be organised with discounts
- Ski passes delivered to your breakfast table on your first day.
- 20% discounted ski hire.
- Child and Group discounts
- We can organise private or group ski instruction with fully qualified English or fluent English speaking instructors
Resort & location information:
click +/- to maximise/minimise