- Chalet - can be booked by the room
- Bed & Breakfast, Half Board or Catered basis
- 5 bedrooms, sleeps 14
- Usually Saturday to Saturday stays, but flexible
- 15 minutes to lift by ski
- Available for summer and winter
- All bedrooms ensuite
Chalet Alpe Massif
- Chalet Alpe Massif is a typical rustic Savoyarde chalet believed to originate over 150 years ago .
- The chalet has been modernised and can accommodate up to 14 persons in 5 bedrooms that all have ensuite facilities.
- It is set back from the road in a picturesque location surrounded by trees and overlooking Haute Savoie meadows and woodland populated with deer and alpine birds.
- One of the great things about this Chalet's location is that it is situated in an'all year round' area that will cater for those looking either for an energetic winter ski holiday, or a more relaxing summer holiday. The Chalet provides an excellent base to explore all that the area has to offer.
- For the winter sports enthusiast it is just 200 metres from the main piste joining Morillon Les Esserts with Morillon Village and it is usually possible to ski back to within 50 metres of the property.The ski resort of Morillon Les Esserts (1100mtrs) can be reached on foot in approx. 25mins .Equidistant also from Morillon village transport can be provided for non skiers. Antoine Deneriaz the 2006 Olympic downhill champion is an illustrious neighbour who lives a few hundred metres away.
- For those wanting a summer break, there are numerous activities such as walking, cycling, horse riding, golf, white water rafting all within the local area.. There are numerous pretty towns and villages nearby to explore, and a car is recommended to make the most of your stay.
- Our Chalet is a large traditional rustic Savoyarde building comprising approximately 400m2 of living space situated in its own private gardens of 2600m2. The property has undergone refurbishment to provide a warm and extremely comfortable base to explore the vast Grand Massif ski area comprising the resorts of Morillon, Samoens, Les Carroz, Flaine and Sixt.
- The accommodation comprises 5 spacious double bedrooms all with ensuite shower facilities. We are flexible and can remove or add beds to suit families or single guests.
- There is a spacious lounge with an open fireplace and woodburner where you can sit in comfortable leather sofas and enjoy an apres ski drink or a chat with friends and other guests.
- Adjacent to the lounge is a large wood paneled dining room where breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner are served. Whilst complimentary wine or soft drinks are served with dinner aperitifs, beer and liquors can be purchased at reasonable cost from a small bar.
- Satellite TV is provided together with free wi fi. There are board games and a DVDs available to guests. A playstation and traditional games are available for children.
Facilities:bar, barbecue, garden, open fireplace, private parking (open), satellite/cable TV, ski workbench, wifi (free in-room), wifi/internet access
- Our Food. It is our pleasure to serve good quality healthy food. prepared by our experienced and versatile cook. Skiing is an energetic sport and carbohydrates play a significant part in energy recovery so we do try and include these in a balanced diet
- Breakfast. Primarily continental with a choice of cereals,croissants, eggs, bread and preserves accompanied by Filter Coffee, Pots of English Tea and Fruit Juice.
- Afternoon Tea: A cake, crepe or waffle with a choice of hot drink will be available when you come back from a day on the slopes.
- Dinner (6 nights per week) An aperitif followed by a tasty 3 course meal is provided. Starters may vary from Savoyarde Salads, Cold meats or home made soups. Main courses may vary from the traditional Savoyarde such as Tartiflette or a Pierrade with lashings of french fries or chalet favourites such as Beef Bourginon or Coq au vin. Desserts are varied. Good quality French wine is served with the meal .
- We recognise that evening dinner is one of the highlights of the day and we try to feed any children prior to the adults sitting down for a relaxing evening.
- Please note, cook/staff night off is Wednesday, so guests are invited to try out one of the many local restaurants.
Resort & location information:
click +/- to maximise/minimise