- Chalet for sole occupancy
- Self Catered or Catered basis
- 5 bedrooms, sleeps 1/13
- Sunday to Sunday stays
- 3 minutes to lift by minibus
- Available for summer and winter
- hot tub/jacuzzi
- credit cards accepted
- Hot tub, fireplace
Chalet - La Grande Ourse
The Grande Ourse is available for:
- Catered winter holidays - typically Sunday to Sunday
- Summer catered walking holidays - Saturday to Saturday
- Summer family adventure holidays - Saturday to Saturday
- The chalet is just a short walk (about 4 minutes) from the restaurants and bars of Samoens - ideal if you fancy an evening drink or two in the village
- The Grand Massif Express whisks you up to the slopes at Samoens 1600 in just 8 minutes
- If you don't fancy walking to the ski (approx. 15 mins), we provide a morning and afternoon shuttle service from the chalets in our spacious minibus
- A free ski bus stopping about a couple of minutes from the chalets and dropping you right next to the lift gives you even more freedom to come and go as you wish
Just off of the living area, one of the chalet balconies is home to a very inviting Hot Tub where you can look over the valley or watch the stars, sip a drink and relax those tired muscles.
Throughout your stay, you can help yourself to beer, wine and spirits from the honesty bar (this is conveniently located so that you can enjoy your favourite tipple whilst in the hot tub!)
There is plenty to keep the whole family entertained with free Wifi internet access, UK satellite TV, a Nintendo Wii and plenty of games, books, CDs and DVDs to appeal to all tastes.
Our comfortable and individually styled bedrooms offer a number of options in catering for your group.
Three of the bedrooms are upstairs from the living area: the Aubergine room (ensuite with a double and single bed); the Praline room (an ensuite double); and the Framboise room (another ensuite double).
Downstairs, the ensuite Cerise room with a bath offers itself as either a double or twin room. The Chocolat room contains two sets of adult-sized bunk beds and has it's own private shower room.
There's plenty of space in the boot room for outdoor clothing and ski/snowboard equipment and the heated boot rack will ensure that you have nice toasty feet every morning of your stay.
- Catered winter chalet and catered summer activity holidays
- 5 bedrooms sleeping up to 13 people all with luxury showers or baths
- Four ensuite bathrooms with the remaining room having a private shower room and WC
- Great location - just 4 minutes from the village
- New Games Room with slate bed pool table
- Hot tub with stunning views across the valley
- Large open plan living space (with comfy sofas!)
- Toasty wood burning fireplace
- Generous yet cosy dining area
- Honesty bar
- Nintendo Wii and games for the whole family
- Large flat screen TV (with your favourite UK stations available via our satellite)
- Music and DVDs
- Free WiFi internet access
- Breath taking views across the valley
- A wealth of creature comforts to ensure a wonderful holiday
- Wide selection of board games and books
- A boot heaters to ensure toasty toes every morning
- Shuttle service to the ski lift in winter
- Ample parking
- Sunday to Sunday in winter, Saturday to Saturday in summer
- Available to book with Chalet Petite Ourse for groups of up to 21.
Current Promotions for Chalet - La Grande Ourse:
25% off catered Self Guided walking and Family Adventure holidays over the weeks of the 4th and the 18th of August 2018Dates: 04 Aug 18 - 11 Aug 18, 18 Aug 18 - 25 Aug 18 25% off Self Guided walking and Family Adventure holidays over the week of the 4th and 18th Aug 18! Now only £386.25 pp for self guided walking (originally £515 pp) and £431.25 per adult and £371.25 per child for our Family Adventure holiday!
50% off catered family adventure and self guided walking holidays WC 28th of JulyDates: 28 Jul 18 - 04 Aug 18
50% off Self Guided walking and Family Adventure holidays over the week of the 28th Jul 18! Now only £257.50 pp for self guided walking (it was originally £515 pp) and £287.50 per adult and £247.50 per child for our Family Adventure holiday! These holidays offer incredible value for money and are availble on a half board option (7 breakfasts, 7 afternoon cakes, 6 dinners and 5 packed lunches).
Facilities:bar, boot dryers, cot/highchair, games console, games room, garden, hot tub (outdoor), laundry facilities, open fireplace, private parking (open), satellite/cable TV, wifi (free public area)
- Tea or coffee delivered to your room first thing
- Variety of cooked breakfasts available as well as cereals, muesli, freshly baked bread and croissants alongside jams and marmalades
- Home baked cakes, muffins and biscuits to welcome you back from the slopes
- Delicious four course evening meal (starter, main, dessert and cheese course) accompanied by quality house wines
- Packed lunches also available for a small additional cost to help you maximise your time on the slopes
- Welcome hamper - we provide a complimentary welcome hamper on arrival with a tempting selection of essentials
- Evening meals - if you wish, we can come to your chalet to cook your evening meal (and do the washing up!) We have a variety of menus and options to suit so please contact us for a quote
- Picnics, packed lunches, BBQs - just let us know what you want, we'll deliver it to the chalet for you - please contact us for a quote
- Shopping service - we can do a full shop for you before you arrive, so you're stocked up from day one - please contact us for a quote
- All towels and linen - a hairdryer is also provided in each room to save you valuable luggage space!
- Shuttle service to the ski lift unless you would prefer to take the ski bus
- UK plug socket in each bedroom
- L'Occitane en Provence toiletries in the bathrooms
- Use of the chalet facilities throughout your holiday - hot tub, TV, Wifi internet access, movies, music, Wii, books, games etc.
- Storage for skis, boards and bikes
- The Absolute Alpine team on hand to offer any advice, recommendations or assistance you may need in making the most of your holiday e.g. booking of activities, child care arrangements
- Luxury under floor heating
- Beautiful log fire in the living area